Personally, I have taken a number of steps to try and maintain my own privacy where possible. So I think I would be remiss if I didn’t try and do the same for those who decide they want to come and read the content that I put out on this site.
Plus, it’s actually the law within the EU.
With all of the above in mind, I want to do what I can to maintain the privacy of visitors to this site wherever possible. So what do I do to help ensure your privacy is maintained?
The TL;DR is that there are no analytics on this site. You can read more about that here if you’re interested.
No tracking cookies will be dropped on to your machine from this website, which means there is no unique ID that I can use to identify and track you.
You can also use an online tool like Cookie Metrix to see what cookies are stored on your machine when you visit my site.
Spoiler – there are no cookies! 🙂
2. Terms of service
You do not have to agree to any terms of service in order to access, view, read, or copy any of the data on this website.
All public content on this site is published under the Creative Commons Share Alike 4.0 License unless otherwise stated. More information is available on the Licensing Information below.
3. License Information
All of the content on this site is produced under the Creative Commons Attribution – Share Alike 4.0 License (unless otherwise stated), which means the following:
- You are free to share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- You are also free to adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. However…
- You must provide attribution to the author (me) with a link back to this website. An example attribution is below.
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
3.1 Attribution Example
An acceptable attribution that complies with the license would be something similar to the following:
<p>Credit to <a href="https://kevquirk.com">Kev Quirk</a> for the original work.</p>
Friends don’t spy; true friendship is about privacy, too.— Stephen King